Huawei & Honor Android notification issues

Having recently switched back from Lineage OS on F(x)tec Pro¹ to Huawei P30 Pro Android 10, I could not help but notice that most my apps did not provide the notifications I usually rely on. Turns out Huawei is pretty aggressive when it comes to battery management and that has the unfortunate side effect of silencing many apps, including banking apps.

Thankfully you can fix this as explained in this video. It's rather fiddly though as you need to adjust a couple of settings for each app you want to enable.

App launch settings

Go to Settings > Apps > App launch, locate your app and disable the toggle so that is says "Manage manually". It should open up a dialog with three toggle options, make sure all of them are enabled.

Battery optimization settings

Go to Settings > Apps > Apps > Menu > Special access > Battery optimization, open the drop-down and select All apps. Locate your app and set it to Not allowed.

Notification settings

Last but not least also make sure your app notification settings are setup properly. You can access them from Settings > Notifications. This part though is not specific to Huawei. That's mostly your regular Android notifications settings I believe.

Back